Physiotherapy is defined under the "Regulated Health Professions Act" as a health care profession for the prevention and treatment of injury or disease through physical means.
Physiotherapists are able to provide a diagnoses and therapeutic intervention.
- They evaluate your physical function, abilities, needs and limitations considering your environmental and life style factors.
- They develop personalized treatment plan to help you maintain, resolve or maximize your mobility, strength and endurance while relieving your pain.
- Diagnose and assess joint dysfunction
- Restore mobility of arthritic or injured joints
- Promote healing of soft tissue injuries
- Alleviate pain using modalities, manual therapy and acupuncture
- Advise on ergonomics for home and work places
- Speed the return to work of injured individuals
- Help prevent and treat sports injuries
- Provide complete tailored exercise programs
- Build-up rehab and work conditioning programs